I was nominated for a Leibster Award by http://desperatelyvegan.wordpress.com/ a few weeks ago and I have only just gotten round to doing my “acceptance post!” Thank you ! 🙂
From what I can gather, the Leibster award is an online award given to bloggers with less than 1000 followers, by other bloggers. It’s kind of like the blogging equivalent of a chain letter, because once you’re nominated, it is your chance to answer 11 questions given by the person who nominated you, along with 11 random facts. You then come up with your own list of questions, and nominate at least 5 more bloggers with less than 1000 followers to keep the chain going. So without further ado, Desperately Vegan asked the following questions:
1. Who’s your favorite celebrity chef and what one question would you love to ask them?
I don’t know of any vegan celebrity chefs, Isa Chandra doesn’t really count does she? Either way, I watch way too much food network, so I would probably choose Ina Garten because she’s ridiculous, and I would ask her if she and Geoffrey ever actually argue or are they really that happy together?
2. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Eating spoonfuls of lotus caramel biscuit spread. Or having the ability to eat an entire sleeve of Oreos in the space of about 3 minutes.
3. What’s your comfort food?
Bangers (vegan of course!) and mash with gravy and mint sauce. Mmmmm.
4. Which country has always fascinated you and why?
Italy, because everyone always looks so healthy and glowing, and well. Pizza.
5. Is there a myth you would like to break?
Soya milk will not give men boobs. Just stop it.
6. Is there something you truly believe in that people around you don’t quite understand?
Veganism! My boyfriend wholly understands and supports me but isn’t vegan himself, my parents recently gave up dairy (after already being vegetarian since before I was born), but a lot of friends/colleagues find it strange and silly and just one of those quirky things about me I guess. I also believe in going to bed before midnight and a lot of people definitely don’t understand that!
7. The one time when you experienced absolute bliss.
Donut sticks and salted caramel chocolate sauce at Terre a Terre in Brighton. I transcended consciousness.
8. Your stress-buster?
A cup of tea and a hug from Luke. Also a good nights sleep.
9. What is the hardest thing you have ever had to give up?
Biscuits. I still fail from time to time, but I cannot be trusted around biscuits so I decided to cut them out. It’s an on-going struggle.
10. If you could live someone else’s life for a day, who would you choose and why?
Do Disney characters count? Can I say Merida from Brave because she’s an absolute babe and a bad ass with awesome hair and I really like her dresses?
11. What one important thing would you definitely like to do in this lifetime that holds some deep meaning to you?
11 random facts about myself:
1. I’m really quite anti social and am perfectly happy to spend every night at home with my boyfriend, and feel completely fulfilled by doing so. However I do cherish the friends I have and love to spend time with them too 🙂
2. I used to have two pet stick insects called hubba and bubba.
3. I spent a whole day learning how to solve a rubiks cube, and I can now solve one in under two minutes.
4. I don’t drink alcohol any more, and don’t intend to ever drink again. However if some home made vegan baileys somehow falls out of a glass and directly into my mouth at Christmas well that’s not my fault.
5. I bloody love Coronation Street.
6. I can pretty much follow along word for word the films Passport To Paris, The Parent Trap and Legally Blonde.
7. My ultimate dream life would probably involve living on some sort of sanctuary farm, taking care of all kinds of rescued animals and spending the rest of my time baking.
8. I used to have 17 piercings. I now have 3.
9. I’m very confrontational, and often end up in arguments with strangers on public transport when they’re doing something appallingly disrespectful and nobody else is saying anything.
10. I’m AWESOME at Mario Kart on the Xbox.
11. When I was little, I was obsessed with the idea of having glasses and contact lenses, so I once cut two small circles from an A4 plastic wallet, and stuck them in my eyes. Suffice to say it did not go well.
My questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. If there was one person from history, alive or dead, you’d like to meet, who and why?
3. What obscure food combination would you recommend everyone try?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
5. What one thing always makes you happy no matter what?
6. What is your favourite line from a book?
7. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
8. What’s your favourite Disney film?
9. What are the three strongest principles you live by?
10. What’s your favourite Nicholas Cage film?
11. What ingredients make the best smoothie?
And there we have it! Hope you have fun reading and answering!